Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summer Trip: Day Two

Oil Change for a mini-van =$30
New Tires for a mini-van =$350
New Breaks for a mini-van =$150
Cross-country trip with my 3 daughters =Priceless!
Today was an adventure! I heard a weird noise with our new tires-I kept thinking that it was maybe mud in the wheel well or something about the pavement. It just wouldn't stop, so I decided to stop at Walmart Tire & Lube and have a guy look at it. It turns out that something was done wrong when the Dealership changed the breaks and a bolt that holds the caliper in just fell off while I was driving. It was making a horrible thumping sound. The guy didn't have to fix it, it wasn't even something that they do there but he said he would run to the parts store and get the part to fix it. He left and when he returned he said the parts stores that were actually open on Sunday don't have it in stock, and that he went to his house and got a bolt from there to make the repair. Talk about an angel!
We are staying tonight in Lincoln, NE with our dear friends the Lingards. We will just see whose front lawn we end up on tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Ooh-- make it my front lawn -- please!

Jackie said...

Melissa- I admire you!! You are one brave woman, and yes what an angel, that story gave me "goose pimples". Safe travels to you guys!!