Sunday, May 17, 2009

Summer Trip: The Rest of Week One

Wednesday: Hung out with Grandpa, Visited The Beaudry Family, Visited with my friends from Monarch Montessori, Hannah went to Isaac's baseball game.
Thursday: Went to see a very interesting play with Jamie and Ellen. Hannah got to have a special Girls' Night out with her Aunties Carrie and Jamie.
Friday: Packed up the van and left for points east! After stopping at Sam's for gas we hit the road at about 9am. I would like to take this chance to say that I absolutely hate Chicago! Beyond the crappy traffic, people drive horribly there, it is dirty, it stinks, I could go on but I don't want to waste another second on that horrible place! We spent the night in a suburb of Cleavland, OH (I should actually say morning because we finally put our heads to the pillows at 4am, the girls all slept in the van, but I just kept driving. I did stop to rest my eyes for about a half hour at about 2 am because the horrible rain was just hypnotizing me.)
Saturday: Slept in and went to visit some local historic church sites. We also went to the boulevard of 500 flags. That was amazing! This memorial has 500 flags for fallen soldiers, each flag pole has a name of someone that gave their life striving to protect our country and freedoms. (pics to come) They also have a memorial to 9-11. It was beautifully designed with pieces of twisted I beam from each of the Twin Towers, and granite from the pentagon. It was all put together on a pentagon shaped platform of grass. There is a sign there saying earth and grass from the field in PA. If you are ever driving through Cleavland, you must stop.
Sunday: We are heading out to VA & MD and will stay until Friday when Nathan comes! We are excited to have Daddy back.
Check back later tonight because Hannah is doing a toll count to tell us how much we have spent on tolls.

No comments: