Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy 4 month birthday Sara & Emma!




I cannot believe it has been 4 months already. We love our sweet babies! They are so kind to eachother. It is so neat to see such pure love between two souls.
I want to thank everyone who has supported us, loved us, and lifted us up. This journey has been incredibly hard and filled with many lessons and blessings. We know that these little ladies are miracles. If God chose to send them to us, He must have thought we could do it. It is those quiet moments at 3am that make me realize who the ultimate authority on parenting is--the Father of all mankind. I have read 43 different books on parenting, pregnancy, sleep, twins, childbirth, prematurity, but the best books of all are those that contain the word of God. Jesus showed us how to be parents, and when it isn't in the book, He gave us the Holy Spirit to be a still small voice that whispers "You're doing OK!" and "Keep it up, I know you are trying." Sometimes we just need to plug our ears and block out the voices of this world and listen to the one who loves us unconditionally, who is always there for us, who knows what we are going through, and comforts us when others have turned their backs on us.

My heart is full with love for the those who do the Lord's work here on this earth! Thank you for supporting me in this difficult yet rewarding task of motherhood.

Happy Birthday my sweet babies!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

WOW! I love the picture of the girls holding hands! Your words are inspirational. Love to you.

The Queen of Krinkeland said...

"Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord." (Psalm 127:3) You know it-- you live it. Even though you will never get proper thanks for it, motherhood is God's work. Congratulations on three perfect girls.