Sunday, April 13, 2008

In a funk

I haven't been blogging much lately, well, because I am in a funk. Hannah was sick for a large part of last week, the girls have been going through a phase and well, the weather--need I say more. I think there are times in our life that we end up in a funk so the good times can seem that much better. I guess if we didn't have those funk times we would all walk around with permagrins on our faces not really knowing why and maybe we wouldn't appreciate things at all. I am really looking forward to getting up tomorrow, taking care of my family, maybe even going for a walk if it is nice, and a fresh start. That is one of the really great things about spring, everything turns from rotten old dead grass to fresh new green grass, and the birds reappear, and it is like we get to start all over again.

I was just re-reading this entry and all I could think of is the 7-up commercials where the guy walks around saying "seven up yours!" There is something to the word funk, that just makes me giggle.

Happy Funking and Cheering up--Here's to spring!

3 comments:

carrie ann said...

Wow, Are you defensive or what. I guess we know who your talking to. I am not against it and what do I care they aren't my kids. But its alittle annoying when you think that nobody else knows anything, bcuz, YOU KNOW IT ALL. I guess it doesn't matter if they are developing in their brains, but that Your PRIDE says you did it all. Well GOOD FOR YOU. that means anybody who had to use formula that makes them a terrible mom.... WOW You AGAIN know it all!!!!! You do whats right for them, but yet you go with someone elses opinion by raising them by a book... HMMMM a little confused.. I no longer care what you have to say.Take me off your mailing list.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I don't know if Melissa is the defensive one. But kudos to Melissa for doing what she thinks is right for her babies.

ErasurePop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.