Saturday, May 31, 2008

quarter size ice nuggets!

It is that time of year! The weather is volatile. Last Sunday after church there was a big tornado warning in Buffalo an we all had to pile into the church gym for a half hour. When we were driving home I felt a strong impression to drive around the storm down through Buffalo, St. Michael, then Otsego. Once we got to Elk River the black sky and hale hit us and the radio was telling everyone to get off the road and take shelter. We were a few miles from the safety of our home so I drove very fast! I told Nathan to have his finger on the garage door opener so that when we got close I could just zoom in. I was really bad! Then we got home and within a few minutes it was beautiful and sunny. Crazy Minnesota weather!
Today the sirens went off again and we headed for the basement, I then realized how unprepared we are for any sort of emergency. It really bothers me because I used to be so good with emergency preparedness, and the oldest three members of our family would have been fine, but there were no diapers down there, no blankets, etc. I guess I know what I will be working on in the coming weeks, updating our 72 hour emergency kits to have "baby" stuff.
Please pray for the families in Hugo who lost loved ones and all of their earthly possessions.

No comments: