Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It has been a while! Birthday Party Madness!


Sorry I haven't blogged in a week or so, things have been absolutely crazy around here. Maybe it is because it is spring and it is that time of year when everything seems to be bursting out! Hannah is excitedly planning for her birthday party for friends from school, choir, and church. It is going to be a pool party at the community center. She is very excited. Last year we had a big sleepover at our home, it was crazy. 9 little girls painting nails, watching movies, playing inthe backyard and that was within the first hour. Hannah told me the next morning "Mom, I don't want to have any more sleepovers. I didn't get enough sleep!" (I secretly thanked God right then and there.) I actually like the idea of having someone else worry about the set-up, entertaining, and clean-up. I know I would spend at least that much money and time on dinky decorations for the house.

When I was a kid my mom did a variety of things for birthdays. I remember having McD's b-day, and also birthdays at home. Did anyone else play that game where you stand on a chair and drop clothespins into a jar? As I got older there was the roller rink, and the bowling alley, but I had my share of homespun birthdays as well. No one can tell me that kids these days don't have it easy. It isn't too bad to be a parent either.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I remember that clothes pin game! I think I was a three-year champion. Party on!