Friday, May 2, 2008

2 Bowling Balls, one with teeth!


Good news! I had an appointment at the doctors' office so I had them check Emma & Sara's weights. It is a sore subject with me because as any breastfeeding mother knows you have no real way to know how much your baby is getting, you have to rely on growth and weight gain to know if they are not starving. So I really try to celebrate growth, it helps me to feel more at peace and confident in what I am doing. Like, "I must be doing something right, after all they are growing!". I have to remind myself that babies cry for all different reasons--colic, gas, tired, hunger, overwhelmed, reflux, overstimulated, and other things. Plus when you throw in a child's personal temperment one may be more laid back and the other a little more 'assertive' in her views on the world.

Sara weighed in at 12 pounds 1 ounce, and Emma at 13 pounds even. Woohoo! The doctor was so excited! 12 & 13 pounds is what most people would bowl with. That is 25 pounds of baby! Emma (left), Sara (right)

We also found two teeth breaking through on the bottom in Emma's mouth last night and I am sure that Sara will be quick to follow.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Way to grow girls!

Ahnah said...

Yay! Growing big on that good stuff!